Where To Eat?
I was going to title this The Top 10 Best Places to eat at Disney World but there are so many places we love that I didn’t want to exclude any! One thing I am asked all the time is “where should we eat at Disney World?” In the last 12 months we have spent a total of 5 weeks at Disney World and we have another 2 week trip planned in June. We eat every dinner out and sometimes lunches and breakfast as well so I’ve frequented a few of the Disney World restaurants! It doesn’t matter what kind of diet you follow you can ALWAYS find something yummy to eat at Disney World! Now where should we eat?
Epcot- This is my favorite park to eat at since there are so many choices!
1) Via Napoli is my very favorite place to eat at Epcot! It is divine goodness! If you love pizza (even if you don’t you will!) this is the place to eat! Get the Carciofi Pizza! Trust me get the Caciofi. It’s a white pizza with artichokes, fontina, mozzarella, and truffle oil. I’m sure the other pizza is good as well but I wouldn’t know. I get the Carciofi every single time.
2) Les Halles Boulangerie-Patisserie. They are tucked way in the back corner in France but they have the most delicious Beignets! I have to have one each time we go. They are my favorite treat! Also very good there are the Macrons and the Partait aux Fruits. It’s a great little bakery to satisfy your sweet tooth.
3) Garden Grill is a great character meal. A lot of character meals don’t have the best food. It’s your typical buffet but Garden Grill is different in that the food is served family style right to your table and it’s always hot and really good. Our favorite food served here are the macaroni and cheese, home style pot roast, bacon and leek stuffing and the short cake for dessert. Here we have seen Chip, Dale, Mickey and Pluto.
4) Akershus Royal Banquet Hall is a great place if you are into princesses and you will want to do this character meal. It’s been a few years since we have been here but when we went it was served family style as well. It’s pricey but also a really great way to meet the princesses without waiting in line. When we went we had breakfast and the potato casserole along with the meat and cheese board were our favorite. Here we met Ariel, Belle, Aurora, Cinderella and Snow White.
Animal Kingdom- My selection is limited here since the park is smaller
1) Yak and Yeti is our favorite place here. Surprisingly my favorite thing at this restaurant is the Korean Chicken and Waffles! The other thing that is delicious here are the Ahi Tuna Nachos.
2) Pongu Pongu at Pandora. They have a delicious frozen drink called the Night Blossom with Glowing Unadelta Seed. On their menu they describe it as a mixture of limeade with apple and desert pear flavors topped with passion
fruit boba balls with glowing undadelta seed. It’s delicious and hits the spot on those hot days. It’s a pretty big size so the kids and I share one and it’s plenty.
3) Pizzafari and I’m including this here because there are times you just can’t get a reservation. For fast food their food is pretty decent. The best part of pizzafari is that you can skip the line and order directly through your My Disney Experience App therefor it made it worthwhile when we were there at Christmas (with eleventy billion other people).
1) Mama Melrose’s Ristorante Italiano would be my top pick for Hollywood Studios. Before your meal comes they serve fresh homemade bread with oil and balsamic vinegar. Can’t go wrong there! Ask them to bring you a side of the 4 cheese sauce to dip your bread in. It’s totally worth it! At Christmas I had the charred strip steak. It was cooked perfectly and every bite was delicious! Make sure you get the cannoli for dessert.
2) Hollywood scoops is back near Tower of Terror. They have a delicious ice cream sandwich on two fresh baked cookies. The portion is HUGE! It’s so good you won’t want to share, I didn’t!
3) PizzeRizzo is a great counter service restaurant and you get a lot of food for your money. Each personal size pizza also came with a cup of Caesar salad. The best part is that the pizza is pretty good. They are hidden in the back near the Muppets.
4) Star Wars Dessert Party was so fun on our last trip! It was nice to do it once but it’s pricey so this for us was a one and done. You get as many desserts as you want during the party. Alcohol was included. My favorite at the party was the freeze dried Nutella with raspberry sauce!! So good! After the party you get preferred seating at the fireworks which was a lot of fun.
This is my least favorite place to eat. For such a large busy park they really don’t have a big selection for food in my opinion. We are trying some new restaurants at Magic Kingdom when we go back in June (Cinderella’s Royal Table and Be Our Guest) so stayed tuned!
1) The Jungle Navigation Co. Ltd. Skipper Canteen does have good food although the menu is small. I had the “Tastes like Chicken” Because it is! It was really good and not dry like chicken can tend to be. Ryan had the Lion Fish (it was a special) and it was surprisingly good!
2) Pecos Bill Tall Tale Inn and Cafe is a good counter restaurant near Big Thunder Mountain Railroad. We had the beef nachos and they were very good.
3) Aloha Isle in Adventureland has a really delicious Pineapple Dole Whip and that hits the spot on a hot day.
I was going to do all of Disney World but this got super long so look for my next post about where to eat at Disney Springs and the Resorts!